- Participate in the public process to promote sculpture and
Summerville’s public sculpture program.
- Attract capable and motivated people to help with fundraising.
- Expand the organization’s capacity for receiving donations.
- Promote awareness and appreciation of sculpture as an art
- Provide opportunities for participation in the arts which are
of interest to all age groups.
- Advance the “Speaking of Sculpture” docent program
and speaker’s bureau.
- Help organize “Friends of Sculpture” educational
Annual Show & Sale
- Become a part of the team! Help plan, strategize and coordinate
different aspects of the annual show & sale.
- Meet and provide support for participating sculptors.
- Enhance visitors’ arts experience.
- Broaden the opportunities for Sculpture in the South members
both to take leadership roles within the organization and to
participate in the arts.
- Help coordinate the Annual Meeting, held each September at
the Dorchester Boat Club.
- Our Docents enjoy learning about our sculpture program and
sculpture collection. After training they are ready to give walking
tours to area visitors and school classes.
- Our Docents assist in our biannual public sculpture maintenance
with other volunteer teams.
As a Volunteer you bring about a
connection between the Summerville Permanent Public Sculpture
Collection and the community. We have fun too!
To find our more about
becoming a Sculpture in the South volunteer
or to request a volunteer form call us at 843-851-7800
or request information on our Contact